The Arctos Consortium is a community-led project. We value and rely on the involvement of everyone in the community. We are committed to creating a safe, friendly, and respectful space for contributing, learning, teaching, and discussion. All participants in our events and communications are expected to show respect and courtesy to others.
Everyone participating in Arctos activities is required to conform to the Code of Conduct, which applies to all spaces managed by Arctos including, but not limited to, workshops, community meetings, email lists, and online forums such as GitHub, Slack, and social media sites. The organizers and hosts of Arctos workshops and meetings, whether in-person or virtual, are expected to assist with the enforcement of the Code of Conduct. Reports of breaches of the Code of Conduct may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org where the chair and director will review, and if necessary, appoint a committee of Arctos officers for further actions. All reports will be confidential. Repeated violations may result in exclusion from Arctos activities, expulsion from events, and referrals to law enforcement in severe cases.
While the majority of people already behave as polite adults, clearly setting standards and enforcement mechanisms ensures everyone will have the same understanding and access which will foster a safe and productive community. We expect Arctos community members, Arctos employees, and participants to:
- Use welcoming and inclusive language
- Be respectful of different viewpoints and experiences
- Maintain civil discourse and gracefully accept constructive criticism
- Focus on what is best for the community
- Show courtesy and respect towards other community members
Examples of unacceptable behavior include:
- written or verbal comments which have the effect of excluding people on the basis of membership of any specific group
- causing someone to fear for their safety, such as through stalking, following, or intimidation
- violent threats or language directed against another person
- the display of sexual or violent images
- unwelcome sexual attention
- nonconsensual or unwelcome physical contact
- sustained disruption of talks, events or communications
- insults or put downs
- sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or exclusionary jokes
- excessive swearing
- incitement to violence, suicide, or self-harm
- continuing to initiate interaction (including photography or recording) with someone after being asked to stop
- publication of private communication without consent
We appreciate our community and encourage you to periodically review this Code of Conduct. Any feedback is welcomed. Please contact us through the Arctos Working Group officers or directly to email@example.com.